Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Birth Sampler using Paper Canvas

As I sat down on the sofa, I saw my art work 'A Birth Sampler' on the shelf. Hah... it was 7 years ago I stitched this for my sister in law when Rachel was born. Time flies by.
Last week I was there to attend my niece, Rachel’s birthday party. That was her 7 years old birthday anniversary. She is a very intelligent girl. You won’t believe she actually sang ‘Poker Face’ by Lady GaGa and dance like Lady GaGa (in MTV) in her age of 7. I was amazed.
In the picture: Paul Si (father in law), Seven Si (my daughter), Richard Si (my husband), Riker Si (my son), beside him is Rachel Si (the birthday girl), myself in yellow t-shirt, Cecelia Cheong (sis in law) and Simon Si (bro in law)

Coming back to the Birth Sampler, that was my first project done using Paper Canvas for Cross Stitch. I find it easier to stitch on paper canvas than the cloth type.

I am still keeping one un-touch. The paper canvas is so precious to me because I can't find it in any of the cross stitch shop in Malaysia . Wish I can have more of paper canvas to make Greeting Cards for this coming Christmas.

Rachel is a very creative girl, so I gave her a Batik Painting Kit as present. The kit comes with a brush, 4 bottles of inks (red, blue, black, and yellow), 1 colour palate, and a silk cloth with butterfly pattern drawn using wax. I can't wait to see her finish result.
Update on 7 Sept: Rachel has done her batik painting... tang tang, here is the finish result... so sweet.
I have also introduced batik painting as one of the activities for my company Charity Event in July this year. They enjoyed the batik painting.

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Hi there, nice one. Can you share the chart with me? I'm from KK, Sabah. Unable to find nice birth sampler chart. wanna stitch it for my 1st born due in May :).