Friday, September 25, 2009

Kit Conversions of Dimensions/Dimensions Gold to DMC

As I am working almost 75% complete on the 'A Row of Love' Dimension Gold kit, I run out of threads that came with Dimension kit. I have no choice to get the closer match from DMC threads.

First thing came to my mind is to search in the Internet and hoping to get site or anyone that could provide a Conversion chart from Dimensions Kit to DMC.

Thank God that I finally found a couple. Thanks to 'The Lotus Pond' be so kind to share her comprehensive Kit Conversions Database. I really appreciate her effort in compiling the conversion through out the years.

Another one from cyberstitchers.com. The online Floss Conversion Charts is so impressive and completely amazing.

4 comments:

SeokMay said...

Stitching@HLR

Hey, thanks so much for sharing this info. This is my first piece of Dimensions Kit, and did not know ay all. Wondering is there a cost for requesting extra thread?

I enjoy reading your blog, you have a lovely blog.

Wendy said...

Hi,

I just found your blog too! You are doing some nice stitching and I love to stitch the Dimensions kits.
When you have threads too short, you can contact Dimensions too and they sent you the threads you are missing. I think if you will be using DMC you might have a color difference. It is better to contact Dimensions. It takes about 2 or 3 weeks before you have the missing threads.

Nice blog, I come back for sure.

Greetings from Belgium,
Wendy

Anonymous said...

may i know where to get a dimension kit in kl? thanks.

SeokMay said...

Anonymous,

You can try Craft World
33, Jalan SS2/55,
47300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor

or order online from The Art of Stitch, http://www.theartofstitch.com/. They have a shop in JB. You can order online, and it is free shipping for Malaysia orders.

Give a try.

Regards,
May