Monday, October 5, 2009

A good bargain at Amcorp Mall flea market

Yesterday was a good shopping bargain experience at Amcorp Mall weekend flea market. I am so happy that I managed to grab 2 Cross Stitch magazines - past issues for only RM9.90 each (approximately USD2.5 each), Crafting Cross Stitch Cards by Sue Cook for only RM29.90. Normally, this type of books selling at RM100 or above in bookstore. You won't believe that the book is 100% brand new, what more it binded with hard cover.
It was a bright sunny day. When we reached Amcorp Mall, it was almost noon, and the car parks were full. We took quite sometimes looking for a car park and finally we found one at the end of the lots. As we entering the mall, we saw the crowd, stalls, line up from the front of the entrance to the mall, floor after floor.
I was so excited and quietly told my husband that "I am going to ‘scan’ each and every stalls without missed, else I won’t leave the mall" :) I guess my luck was so good on that day. Not only books and magazines, I also found this little DIY Cross Stitch box that come with bear chart, floss, and a heart shape transparent box, selling for RM20 only. Wow... without any hesitation, I bought all the designs!
You can find all kinds of things like cloths, hand bags, toys, 2nd hand books, pastries, plants, accessories, electrical goods ‘spare’ parts, art and craft, etc in this flea market. Some selling collection items like jades, antique (vases/bowls/lamps), old stamps, special edition for toys, Audio CDs, and items that had discontinuous from production.
Initially, we thought just go for window shopping, 'look-see, look-see', that's all. But guess what, we ended up ‘shopping’ 3 ½ hours, bought 18 Hotweels cars for Riker, and Seven... finally 'surrender' in my husband arm.
Seven quietly slept in my husband's arm after 3 1/2 hours walk in the flea market. For me, I was too 'occupied' and 'obsessed' with all the Cross Stitch stuffs in my hand. LOL

6 comments:

Vinniey said...

Seok May you are so lucky! Love the lovely bear cross stitch kit. It's so cute! I heard about this flea market but hardly find time to go there.

Chiloe said...

GReat find !!! YOu must have been very excited ;-)

I love your stitching !!!

CraftyPretender said...

I just found your blog. Very very nice works! Keep posting. Thank you for the link for the DMC supplier in Malaysia. Very helpful. (and near my parents' house). I am Malaysian born, but currently living in USA. And I stitch. A lot!

Anonymous said...

You were so lucky! I envy your purchases! I just bought Cross Stitch Card Shop magazine and it cost me RM40! Almost everything here in KK is more expensive than in Semenanjung.
Really dear, you were very lucky indeed!

SeokMay said...

Hi Dina,

When I go to Amcorp Mall the next time, I can buy more (if you are okay with any past issue maganizes or any cross stitch books). I can send over to you in KK.

What you need to pay is the cost of the book (normally for book is RM19.90 or RM24.90, past isue maganize is RM9.90) and the postage cost.

What do you think?

Regards,
May

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, do u know of any cross stitch shops in Mid Valley or the Gardens or adjacent areas?